How to clear a blockage?
If you have blocked drains we can help! Simply call us on 1800 400 700 to arrange for one of our Drain Technicians to call-out and clear it!
Our trained technicians have a significant amount of experience in drain & toilet unblocking and can resolve the majority of blockages within 1 hour!
What causes blocked drains & pipes?
Blockages occur for a number of different reasons, some of which include:
- Excess toilet paper use clogging the line.
- Items which should not be flushed such as wet wipes and sanitary towels getting stuck on snag points in the pipe-work.
- A build up of fats oil and grease in the pipes restricting the flow in the line.
- A break or collapse in the line.
- A foreign object such as a Child’s Toy or Cutlery getting caught in a bend or connection.
- Roots may have entered your pipe-work and are preventing the flow in the line.
- If you have a septic tank it could mean that you need your septic tank emptied! Remember to check your septic tank before calling as this will avoid an unnecessary call-out.
Some tips to prevent blockages from happening:
- It is not surprising to know that blockages can often be caused by what goes down the toilet or drains. It is advisable to avoid putting wet wipes, blue paper, and sanitary towels down the toilet.
- In the kitchen it is advisable to divert as much food waste, fats, oils and grease from going down the drain as these build up in the pipe restricting the flow causing slow running drains and eventually will result in a complete blockage!
- If you have recurring drain problems it would be advisable to have the pipe-work inspected by CCTV to investigate the root cause. Click Here for more information regarding CCTV Inspections.